In the past 6 months, Declan has officially become a motorcycle obsessed, helmet wearing (although not always of the traditional helmet materials), ball throwing, running and climbing young boy! He is thriving and every day seems to be a new adventure, with new words to be discovered, and new parts of the house to destroy. We definitely have our work cut out for us. He is going be hard to keep up with as he gets more and more sure of himself!
The newest addition to his wardrobe was an amazing find at the local kids consignment shop. A seersucker jacket to match his "Da-Da" and look like a good southern boy, paired with a Dr. Seuss 'Thing 1' shirt that just seems to be made to wear with the jacket. I only wish that I could be as stylish as this little boy. His big sister will be making her summertime appearance in a few weeks, and it is so exciting to think about how she and her little brother will interact now that he is starting to communicate so much more. She and her Dad will be tooling around with Declan in tow in the bicycle trailer that we are borrowing. Can you believe that he actually falls asleep while cruising around on the roads in Napa, potholes and all.
I, too, have started a new venture... I am officially attempting to launch my own bookkeeping business. I've been working with two friends/winemakers who have connected me with a few others that have been able to use my services. As long as the website and good references continue, I may actually be able to collect enough clients to make the entire venture worthwhile.
Next weekend is the annual Bay to Breakers run in San Francisco. We have attended (not run, just entertained ourselves with the view) for the past 4 years now, and I'm sure this year will be just as insane. I promise to post some entertaining pictures after the fact.
No comments:
Post a Comment